I really like to have dinner ready, or almost ready, when Ken gets home from work. Tonight I decided to make one of Ken's favorite meals, a very fattening meal, homemade chicken tenders. Yes I made them, from start to finish. Well, right about the time Ken walked in the door, the whole downstairs was filled with smoke and the smoke alarm was going off. And when I say filled with smoke, I mean you could barely see in front of you. I had the back door open, garage door open, and the fan going. None of which helped. I even had the pot on the back porch. Chicken still cooking in the HOT oil. Burned my fingers. What a nightmare.
Don't you worry though, none of this stopped me from making my hubby dinner. I kept going, smoke and all. He eventually got the alarm to stop and I kept on cooking. And the end results were delicious.
Luckily Emma was fast asleep in her room and did not hear (or smell) any of the cooking debacle. I have the best husband in the world... he wasn't mad or alarmed. Just as calm as could be. He even started singing during dinner, which inspired me to name this post.
"Eating burnt suppers the whole first year, and askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up. Yeah man, that's the good stuff." - Kenny Chesney
Although, he didn't eat the burnt stuff.
Here is a visual of my cooking nightmare experiance...
The good...






What a cute post Lindz!!! That is so sweet of Ken, your dinner looks like it turned out AWESOME! Good job girl.. cooking is definitely a learning experience!!! loved it haha!
ReplyDelete